The process of becoming more and more self-conscious about appearance nowadays has led to dental care practices being full with appointments. Not only the desire to have a perfect smile has led people to be more concerned about how their teeth look like but also the presence of an ongoing tooth pulp or gum infection that is causing pain and damage to facial nerves. In case of infection, there is no need to say that it is required immediate care from endodontists NYC. If you are in NYC and you are presented with tooth pain it is best to look for a root canal specialist in Manhattan in order to be provided with the best care and treatments possible.
Setting the Difference Between Endodontists NYC and Dentists
An important aspect, to begin with, is clarifying the difference between endodontists NYC and dentists. One thing that starts to separate these two occupations is the level of specialization of the practice they are doing. Endodontists, unlike dentists, have at least two more years of studies after they finish the basic dental college or university and get their first diploma, in order to gain knowledge in a more specific aspect of dental care, such as dealing with the primary causes of teeth pain. On the contrary wise, dentists are trained to deal with general oral healthcare issues.
List of Differences
In this case, it is easy to conclude that some of the differences between a root canal specialist in Manhattan and dentists are best made by:
- The range of expertise: because inner tooth pain requires both basic knowledge and some more specialized information to reach a proper diagnosis and care, endodontists acquire a deeper understanding of the dental pulp and its diseases and they can offer more specialized treatment. Dentists may also perform root canal procedures but in some cases, depending on the gravity of the situation, they do refer a patient to a root canal specialist in Manhattan .
- The level of education: as previously stated, endodontists in order to gain more knowledge on how to diagnose and treat a root canal issue, study for two more academic years to get the specialization, spend more time studying the field, and acquire more knowledge.
- Even the use of some specialized equipment makes a difference between these two similar but not so similar jobs. Both occupations include knowing how to use X-ray machines and computers to read those x-rays but an endodontist utilizes a more expanded range of equipment when treating its patients, such as new technologies of microscopes for surgeries, laser doppler flowmetry , and other computer programs and tools to process a better view inside the teeth during the process of a root canal.
- Both a dentist and root canal specialist in Manhattan will approach treating their patients by applying different methods of treatment. General dentists tend to concentrate on a broader range of oral issues and treatments and endodontists NYC focus strictly on giving the right diagnosis, applying treatment, and finding ways how to prevent endodontic disorders such as tooth pain, dental pulp abscess and also gum diseases.
- Root canal procedures are a serious difference-maker in this case. While dentists regularly perform basic root canal procedures in much easier situations, they are very likely to refer the more complicated cases to a root canal specialist in Manhattan.
The Process of a Root Canal
If you have been diagnosed with facial nerve damage in one of your teeth and you are mentally preparing yourself for the procedure, it is best to first read about how this process works. What you should first know is if you are worried about the pain level inflicted upon you after the procedure is over, worry not because the worst is gone at end of the process. Any dental doctor will start by requesting a recent X-ray image of your teeth.
Once a visual inspection has been made, a local anesthetic injection is administered in order to numb the specific area around which the procedure will take place. The numbing effect will appear shortly. After the anesthetic has numbed the area a dental dam, represented by a small rubber sheet, will be placed over the tooth in cause to protect and isolate that specific area, keeping the tooth clean and dry. Using a special drill, an opening is made on the top of the affected tooth to fully expose the dental pulp with the damaged nerve and blood vessels. Now the tooth pulp with be removed from its roots, forming a root canal. This is where the procedure got its name. The space is carefully disinfected and cleaned before a temporary filling is placed. In most cases, an antibiotic is prescribed to keep infections away in the healing process.
Signs You Might Need to See a Root Canal Specialist in Manhattan
Any signs of dental discomfort you might present it is recommended to address them to your dentist, who will then refer you to a root canal specialist in Manhattan if the situation looks more complicated than you thought. Some of the issues might not raise the thought that you might need a root canal investigation like a broken tooth that has been exposed or tender gums. Whereas, needless to say, severe teeth pain or swollen gums are in need of immediate root canal procedures. Even bumps on gums or the slightest sensitivity to hot or cold beverages can send you on a trip to endodontists NYC.
In conclusion, seeing a root canal specialist and getting root canal treatment can save the life of your natural tooth. This procedure can save your teeth and restore them to their natural healthy state but can also save you some money as well by not having to pull that tooth out and having it replaced with another one. Whether you are going to the dentist to get a referral to an endodontist or you go directly to pay him a visit, it is important to do so in case any sign of inflammation or tooth pain is present.