It is a contemporary architecture developed from the idea of a classic family home fully equipped with modern technology for added comfort. The granny flat builders Sydney NSW who built the home designed a house that could accommodate the various needs and modification requests that might arise over time. The finished product has included technological and energy efficiency features, making it sustainable.
Even though these 2-bedroom granny flats are contemporary in style, the design is sprinkled with elements of a classic family home. From an architectural point of view, the most striking aspect of the house is the four-sloped, a dynamically shaped roof that welcomes visitors from the street. The black metal tile further accentuates the roof’s shape providing a solid contrast to the white exterior walls and stone walkways around the house. Abundant light pours into the house’s main rooms through dormer windows in various positions along the roofline. According to granny flat builders Sydney NSW, Solar panels can also be installed on the roof, which can produce enough energy to support a high percentage of the total energy consumed by the family.
The Importance of Personal Landmarks According to Granny Flat Builders Sydney NSW
Granny flat builders Sydney NSW suppose that you want to understand the complexity of the idea of a dream home. In that case, it is essential to have a correct relationship with these landmarks as designers and as “beneficiaries” of a dream house. Simply relating to trends or standing can display the image of a dream house in the context of social relations. But beyond that, it can leave the inhabitants in an impersonal and cold setting that does not fulfill the expectations of a “dream” home. A competent designer or consultant can usefully guide the establishment of the ideal living environment. Integrating personal preferences/appetites and referring to experiences that have marked us can lead to a consistent realization of your 2-bedroom granny flats project.
Essential Elements for a Dream Home
We discussed the multiple landmarks helpful in understanding the dream house idea. The elements that make up the atmosphere are numerous and difficult to exhaust in a list: light, air, aromas, textures, sensations, etc.
- The atmosphere is perhaps the most vital characteristic of a place, let alone a dream home.
- The atmosphere is between material and immaterial and is a house’s most direct ‘welcome.’ The atmosphere can be related to the types of landmarks discussed. It establishes a dialogue with the person experiencing the space through these landmarks and makes connections of different intensities.
- The atmosphere is closely linked to the relationships between the 2-bedroom granny flats design elements. For the design of a dream house, it is essential to choose the different objects and finishes and how they are “assembled” together. Equally important is the relationship between the design elements, the spatial configuration of the building, and the orientation/openness of the spaces. A good relationship between all these “pieces” and attention to the personal “landmarks” of the beneficiary will lead to the materialization of a dream house project.
Which One is Better: A Single-Story or a Multi-Story Home?
Are you about to build your house and haven’t decided whether you prefer a single-story or a multi-story home? To make your choice more accessible. The granny flat builders Sydney NSW prepared a list of advantages in favor of the first option, but also a list of disadvantages.
The Most Important Advantages of a Single-Story House Are:
- they don’t need a profound foundation;
- they are easier and quicker to build;
- they are safer in the event of an earthquake;
- easier to maintain;
- unconventional materials can also be used in construction, as the structure is simple;
- rooms can be large, as can windows;
- you can also have glass walls, also because the system of the house is more straightforward;
- heating costs are lower;
- the risk of falling down the stairs disappears (especially important if you have young children or live with an older person);
- the effort of going up and down stairs is eliminated
The Most Important Disadvantages of a Single-Story House Are:
At the same time, harmonyliving.com.au asserts that there are some disadvantages of single-story houses, including:
- a large plot of land or a small number of rooms is needed (not suitable for families with many children or homes where many people live);
- living and sleeping areas are not separated as effectively (less privacy);
- the roof is higher than in a terraced house;
- you can’t build a balcony;
- An attractive staircase design can completely change the look of a house, but you can’t enjoy this in a single-story home.
- The choice remains personal. Consider the costs involved, how many people will live in the house, how long, and what everyone needs are.
Is a Single-Story House Cheaper Than a Ground Floor and Attic House?
Engineers at granny flat builders Sydney NSW say a ground floor and loft house would be cheaper than a single-story development. Why? Because a ground-floor house requires a more extensive foundation and roof, the size of the whole house. It is where the significant expenses of a place come in, payments you can’t save on if you want a well-built home that won’t cost you maintenance and heating in the future. Now, a foundation, whether for a ground-floor only house or a two-story house, is done to frost depth. So regardless of the weight of the house due to its footing, the foundation must reach frost depth.
How to Transform 2-Bedroom Granny Flats into A Dream Home?
You can turn 2-bedroom granny flats into the most significant reality you could ever dream of by understanding the concept of modern design. It is also important to realize that this is a comfortable living space. The foundation for 2-bedroom granny flats is about as deep as one for a single story, except that the area of the two stories is practically halved in size. The opinion of granny flat builders Sydney NSW is that the advantages of this type of construction are numerous, both in terms of utility and financially, but is worth it to consider investing in 2-bedroom granny flats.